|SMART accession number:||SM00087|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001415):|
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) is a polypeptidic hormone that elevates calcium level by dissolving the salts in bone and preventing their renal excretion. Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTH-rP) is structurally related to PTH [(PUBMED:2682846)] and seems to play a physiological role in lactation, possibly as a hormone for the mobilisation and/or transfer of calcium to the milk. It also regulates chondrocytic differentiation and endochondral bone formation [(PUBMED:11760831)].
PTH and PTH-rP bind to the same G-protein coupled receptor.This entry represents parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related protein.
|GO component:||extracellular region (GO:0005576)|
|GO function:||hormone activity (GO:0005179)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)