SOCSsuppressors of cytokine signalling
|SMART accession number:||SM00253|
|Description:||suppressors of cytokine signalling|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001496):|
The SOCS box was first identified in SH2-domain-containing proteins of the suppressor of cytokines signalling (SOCS) family [(PUBMED:9202125)] but was later also found in:
The SOCS box found in these proteins is an about 50 amino acid carboxy-terminal domain composed of two blocks of well-conserved residues separated by between 2 and 10 non-conserved residues [(PUBMED:9419338)]. The C-terminal conserved region is an L/P-rich sequence of unknown function, whereas the N-terminal conserved region is a consensus BC box [(PUBMED:9869640)], which binds to the Elongin BC complex [(PUBMED:9869640), (PUBMED:10051596)]. It has been proposed that this association could couple bound proteins to the ubiquitination or proteasomal compartments [(PUBMED:10051596)].
|GO process:||intracellular signal transduction (GO:0035556)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)