PAN_APdivergent subfamily of APPLE domains
|SMART accession number:||SM00473
||Apple-like domains present in Plasminogen, C. elegans hypothetical ORFs and the extracellular portion of plant receptor-like protein kinases. Predicted to possess protein- and/or carbohydrate-binding functions.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003609):
||The apple domain, IPR000177, has an N-terminal region that contains four tandem repeats of about 90 amino acids and a C-terminal catalytic domain. The 90 amino-acid repeated domain contains 6 conserved cysteines. It has been shown [(PUBMED:1998666)] that three disulphide bonds link the first and sixth, second and fifth, and third and fourth cysteines. This entry contains apple-like domains, which are presented in Plasminogen, Caenorhabditis elegans hypothetical ORFs and the extracellular portion of plant S-locus glycoproteins (IPR000858) and S-receptor kinases. The domain is predicted to possess protein- and/or carbohydrate-binding functions.
There are 1420
PAN_AP domains in 997 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)