POL3BcDNA polymerase III beta subunit
|SMART accession number:||SM00480
|Interpro abstract (IPR001001):
||DNA polymerase III is a complex, multichain enzyme responsible for most of the replicative synthesis in bacteria. The beta chain is required for initiation of replication from an RNA primer, nucleotide triphosphate (dNTP) residues being added to the 5'-end of the growing DNA chain.
|GO process:||DNA replication (GO:0006260)|
|GO component:||DNA polymerase III complex (GO:0009360)|
|GO function:||3'-5' exonuclease activity (GO:0008408), DNA-directed DNA polymerase activity (GO:0003887), DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
There are 1797
POL3Bc domains in 1797 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)