|SMART accession number:||SM00511
||This domain confers specificity among members of the Hairy/E(SPL) family.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR018352):
||This domain confers specificity among members of the Hairy/E(SPL) family. HES-2 (hairy and enhancer of split 2) is a transcription factor, and the hairy protein is a pair-rule protein that regulates embryonic segmentation and adult bristle patterning. These proteins are transcriptional repressors of genes that require the BHLH protein for their transcription.
There are 957 ORANGE domains in 955 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)