HNSDomain in histone-like proteins of HNS family
|SMART accession number:||SM00528
|| - |
|Interpro abstract (IPR027444):
||This entry represents the C-terminal domain of the H-NS DNA binding protein. It is composed of an antiparallel beta-sheet, an alpha-helix and a 3 (10)-helix which form a hydrophobic core, stabilising the whole structure. This domain has been found to bind to DNA [(PUBMED:7875316)].
|GO function:||DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
There are 1442 HNS domains in 1391 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)