HTH_DTXRHelix-turn-helix diphteria tox regulatory element
|SMART accession number:||SM00529
||iron dependent repressor|
|Interpro abstract (IPR022689):
||The diphtheria toxin repressor protein (DTXR) is a member of this group [(PUBMED:7568230)]. In Corynebacterium diphtheriae where it has been studied in some detail this protein acts as an iron-binding repressor of dipheteria toxin gene expression and may serve as a global regulator of gene expression. The N terminus may be involved in iron binding and may associate with the Tox operator. Binding of DTXR to Tox operator requires a divalent metal ion such as cobalt, ferric, manganese and nickel whereas zinc shows weak activation [(PUBMED:7743135)].
|GO process:||regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent (GO:0006355)|
|GO function:||transition metal ion binding (GO:0046914), sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity (GO:0003700)|
There are 994
HTH_DTXR domains in 994 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)