|SMART accession number:||SM00758|
|Description:||domain in bacterial beta-glucosidases other glycosidases, glycosyltransferases, proteases, amidases, yeast adhesins, and bacterial toxins.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR011658):|
The PA14 domain forms an insert in bacterial beta-glucosidases, other glycosidases, glycosyltransferases, proteases, amidases, yeast adhesins and bacterial toxins, including anthrax protective antigen (PA). The domain also occurs in a Dictyostelium pre-spore cell-inducing factor Psi and in fibrocystin, the mammalian protein whose mutation leads to polycystic kidney and hepatic disease. The crystal structure of PA shows that this domain (named PA14 after its location in the PA20 pro-peptide) has a beta-barrel structure. The PA14 domain sequence suggests a binding function, rather than a catalytic role. The PA14 domain distribution is compatible with carbohydrate binding [(PUBMED:15236739)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)