DnaG_DnaB_bindDNA primase DnaG DnaB-binding
|SMART accession number:||SM00766|
|Description:||DnaG_DnaB_bind defines a domain of primase required for functional interaction with DnaB that attracts primase to the replication fork. DnaG_DnaB_bind is responsible for the interaction between DnaG and DnaB.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR013173):|
Eubacterial DnaG primases interact with several factors to form the replisome. One of these factors is DnaB, a helicase. This domain has been demonstrated to be responsible for the interaction between DnaG and DnaB [(PUBMED:8308039)]. This domain has a multi-helical structure that forms an orthogonal bundle [(PUBMED:15649896)].
|GO process:||DNA replication, synthesis of RNA primer (GO:0006269)|
|GO function:||DNA primase activity (GO:0003896)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)