Prim_Zn_RibbonZinc-binding domain of primase-helicase
|SMART accession number:||SM00778|
|Description:||This region represents the zinc binding domain. It is found in the N-terminal region of the bacteriophage P4 alpha protein, which is a multifunctional protein with origin recognition, helicase and primase activities.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR013237):|
This entry is represented by bacteriophage T7 Gp4. The characteristics of the protein distribution suggest prophage matches in addition to the phage matches.
This entry represents a zinc binding domain found in the N-terminal region of the bacteriophage T7 Gp4 and P4 alpha protein. P4 is a multifunctional protein with origin recognition, helicase and primase activities [(PUBMED:8253092), (PUBMED:9185573), (PUBMED:10892646)].
|GO function:||helicase activity (GO:0004386), DNA primase activity (GO:0003896), zinc ion binding (GO:0008270)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)