|SMART accession number:||SM00980
||The THAP domain is a putative DNA-binding domain (DBD) and probably also binds a zinc ion. It features the conserved C2CH architecture (consensus sequence: Cys - 2-4 residues - Cys - 35-50 residues - Cys - 2 residues - His). Other universal features include the location of the domain at the N-termini of proteins, its size of about 90 residues, a C-terminal AVPTIF box and several other conserved residues. Orthologues of the human THAP domain have been identified in other vertebrates and probably worms and flies, but not in other eukaryotes or any prokaryotes (PUBMED:12575992).|
There are 1126
THAP domains in 816 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)