|SMART accession number:||SM00989
||The V4R (vinyl 4 reductase) domain is a predicted small molecular binding domain, that may bind to hydrocarbons.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR004096):
||Central cellular functions such as metabolism, solute transport and signal transduction are regulated, in part, via binding of small molecules by specialised domains. The 4-vinyl reductase (4VR) domain is a predicted small molecular binding domain, that may bind to hydrocarbons [(PUBMED:11292341)]. Proteins that contain this domain include a regulator of the phenol catabolic pathway and a protein involved in chlorophyll biosynthesis.
There are 1173 V4R domains in 1164 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)