APC2Anaphase promoting complex (APC) subunit 2
|SMART accession number:||SM01013|
|Description:||The anaphase promoting complex or cyclosome (APC2) is an E3 ubiquitin ligase which is part of the SCF family of ubiquitin ligases. Ubiquitin ligases catalyse the transfer of ubiquitin from the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2), to the substrate protein.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR014786):|
The anaphase-promoting complex (APC) or cyclosome is a multi-subunit E3 protein ubiquitin ligase that regulates important events in mitosis, such as the initiation of anaphase and exit from telophase. The APC, in conjunction with other enzymes, assembles multi-ubiquitin chains on a variety of regulatory proteins, thereby targeting them for proteolysis by the 26S proteasome.
This entry represents a domain found in the C terminus of APC subunit 2.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)