Bgal_small_NBeta galactosidase small chain
|SMART accession number:||SM01038|
|Description:||This domain comprises the small chain of dimeric beta-galactosidases EC:18.104.22.168. This domain is also found in single chain beta-galactosidase.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR004199):|
This domain comprises the small chain of dimeric beta-galactosidases EC 22.214.171.124. This domain is also found in single chain beta-galactosidase, which is comprised of five domains, where it represents domain 5. It contains an N-terminal loop that swings towards the active site upon the deep binding of a ligand to produce a closed conformation [(PUBMED:11732897)].
|GO process:||carbohydrate metabolic process (GO:0005975)|
|GO component:||beta-galactosidase complex (GO:0009341)|
|GO function:||beta-galactosidase activity (GO:0004565)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)