DPTranscription factor DP
|SMART accession number:||SM01138
||DP forms a heterodimer with E2F and regulates genes involved in cell cycle progression. The transcriptional activity of E2F is inhibited by the retinoblastoma protein which binds to the E2F-DP heterodimer [(PUBMED:16360038)] and negatively regulates the G1-S transition.|
There are 444 DP domains in 438 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)