|SMART accession number:||SM01219
||This family contains proteins that have a domain related to the globular C-terminus of Frataxin the protein that is mutated in Friedreich's ataxia. This domain is found in a family of bacterial proteins. The function of this domain is currently unknown. It has been suggested that this family is involved in iron transport.|
There are 1398 Frataxin_Cyay domains in 1398 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)