GIDA_assoc_3GidA associated domain 3
|SMART accession number:||SM01228
||The GidA associated domain 3 is a motif that has been identified at the C-terminus of protein GidA. It consists of 4 helices, the last three being rather short and forming small bundle at the top end of the first longer one. It is here named helical domain 3 because in GidA it is preceded by two other C-terminal helical domain (based on crystal structures PMID:18565343, 19446527). GidA is an tRNA modification enzyme found in bacteria and mitochondrial. Based on mutational analysis this domain has been suggested to be implicated in binding of the D-stem of tRNA (PMID:19446527) and to be responsible for the interaction with protein MnmE PMID:18565343. Structures of GidA in complex with either tRNA or MnmE are missing. Reported to bind to Pfam family MnmE, PF12631. |
There are 5726 GIDA_assoc_3 domains in 5723 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)