IKKbetaNEMObindI-kappa-kinase-beta NEMO binding domain
|SMART accession number:||SM01239
||This domain family is found in eukaryotes, and is approximately 40 amino acids in length. The family is found in association with S_TKc. These proteins are involved in inflammatory reactions. They cause release of NF-kappa-B into the nucleus of inflammatory cells and upregulation of transcription of proinflammatory cytokines. They perform this function by phosphorylating I-kappa-B proteins which are targeted for degradation to release NF-kappa-B. This kinase (I-kappa-kinase-beta) is found in association with IKK-alpha and NEMO (NF-kappa-B essential modulator). This domain is the binding site of IKK-beta for NEMO.|
There are 195 IKKbetaNEMObind domains in 195 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)