HTH_ICLRhelix_turn_helix isocitrate lyase regulation
|SMART accession number:||SM00346|
|Interpro abstract (IPR005471):|
The many bacterial transcription regulation proteins which bind DNA through a 'helix-turn-helix' motif can be classified into subfamilies on the basis of sequence similarities. One of these subfamilies, called 'iclR', groups several proteins including:
These proteins have a Helix-Turn-Helix motif at the N terminus that is similar to that of other DNA-binding proteins [(PUBMED:1840643)].
|GO process:||regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent (GO:0006355)|
|GO function:||DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)