efhand_Ca_insenCa2+ insensitive EF hand
|SMART accession number:||SM01184
||EF hands are helix-loop-helix binding motifs involved in the regulation of many cellular processes. EF hands usually bind to Ca2+ ions which causes a major conformational change that allows the protein to interact with its designated targets. This domain corresponds to an EF hand which has partially or entirely lost its calcium-binding properties. The calcium insensitive EF hand is still able to mediate protein-protein recognition (PUBMED:11573089).|
There are 315
efhand_Ca_insen domains in 315 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)