The domain within your query sequence starts at position and ends at position ; the E-value for the DSL domain shown below is < 1e-12.
DSLdelta serrate ligand
|SMART accession number:||SM00051
|| - |
|Interpro abstract (IPR001774):
||Ligands of the Delta/Serrate/lag-2 (DSL) family and their receptors, members of the lin-12/Notch family, mediate cell-cell interactions that specify cell fate in invertebrates and vertebrates. In Caenorhabditis elegans, two DSL genes, lag-2 and apx-1, influence different cell fate decisions during development [(PUBMED:8575327)]. Molecular interaction between Notch and Serrate, another EGF-homologous transmembrane protein containing a region of striking similarity to Delta, has been shown and the same two EGF repeats of Notch may also constitute a Serrate binding domain [(PUBMED:1657403), (PUBMED:7716513)].
|GO process:||cell communication (GO:0007154)|
|GO component:||membrane (GO:0016020)|
There are 715 DSL domains in 675 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)