The domain within your query sequence starts at position and ends at position ; the E-value for the PWWP domain shown below is < 1e-12.
PWWPdomain with conserved PWWP motif
|SMART accession number:||SM00293
||conservation of Pro-Trp-Trp-Pro residues|
|Interpro abstract (IPR000313):
||Upon characterisation of WHSC1, a gene mapping to the Wolf-Hirschhornsyndrome critical region and at its C terminus similar to the Drosophila melanogaster ASH1/trithorax group proteins, a novel protein domain designated PWWP domain was identified [(PUBMED:9618163)]. The PWWP domain is named after a conserved Pro-Trp-Trp-Pro motif. It is present in proteins of nuclear origin and plays a role in cell growth and differentiation. Due to its position, the composition of amino acids close to the PWWP motif and the pattern of other domains present it has been suggested that the domain is involved in protein-protein interactions [(PUBMED:10802047)].
There are 686
PWWP domains in 597 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)