The domain within your query sequence starts at position and ends at position ; the E-value for the TBC domain shown below is < 1e-12.
TBCDomain in Tre-2, BUB2p, and Cdc16p. Probable Rab-GAPs.
|SMART accession number:||SM00164
||Widespread domain present in Gyp6 and Gyp7, thereby giving rise to the notion that it performs a GTP-activator activity on Rab-like GTPases.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR000195):
||Identification of a TBC domain in GYP6_YEAST and GYP7_YEAST, which are GTPase activator proteins of yeast Ypt6 and Ypt7, imply that these domains are GTPase activator proteins of Rab-like small GTPases [(PUBMED:11013213)].
|GO process:||regulation of Rab GTPase activity (GO:0032313)|
|GO component:||intracellular (GO:0005622)|
|GO function:||Rab GTPase activator activity (GO:0005097)|
There are 3568
TBC domains in 3567 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)