The domain within your query sequence starts at position and ends at position ; the E-value for the UBX domain shown below is < 1e-12.
UBXDomain present in ubiquitin-regulatory proteins
|SMART accession number:||SM00166
||Present in FAF1 and Shp1p.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001012):
||The UBX domain is found in ubiquitin-regulatory proteins, which are members of the ubiquitination pathway, as well as a number of other proteins including FAF-1 (FAS-associated factor 1), the human Rep-8 reproduction protein and several hypothetical proteins from yeast. The function of the UBX domain is not known although the fragment of avian FAF-1 containing the UBX domain causes apoptosis of transfected cells.
|GO function:||protein binding (GO:0005515)|
There are 1155
UBX domains in 1154 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)