Aldolase_IIClass II Aldolase and Adducin N-terminal domain
|SMART accession number:||SM01007|
|Description:||This family includes class II aldolases and adducins which have not been ascribed any enzymatic function.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001303):|
This entry represents the alpha/beta/alpha domain found in class II aldolases and in adducin (usually at the N terminus of adducin). Proteins containing this domain include: rhamnulose-1-phosphate aldolase (EC 220.127.116.11), L-fuculose phosphate aldolase (EC 18.104.22.168) [(PUBMED:8515438), (PUBMED:8676381)] that is involved in the third step in fucose metabolism, L-ribulose- 5-phosphate 4-epimerase (EC 22.214.171.124) involved in the third step of L-arabinose catabolism, a probable sugar isomerase SgbE and the metazoan adducins, which have not been ascribed any enzymatic function but which play a role in cell membrane cytoskeleton organisation [(PUBMED:1840603)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)