B5tRNA synthetase B5 domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00874|
|Description:||This domain is found in phenylalanine-tRNA synthetase beta subunits.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR005147):|
Domain B5 is found in phenylalanine-tRNA synthetase beta subunits. This domain has been shown to bind DNA through a winged helix-turn-helix motif [(PUBMED:11152603)]. Phenylalanine-tRNA synthetase may influence common cellular processes via DNA binding, in addition to its aminoacylation function.
|GO process:||phenylalanyl-tRNA aminoacylation (GO:0006432)|
|GO function:||RNA binding (GO:0003723), magnesium ion binding (GO:0000287), ATP binding (GO:0005524)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)