BAHBromo adjacent homology domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00439|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001025):|
The BAH (bromo-adjacent homology) family contains proteins such as eukaryotic DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases IPR001525, the origin recognition complex 1 (Orc1) proteins, as well as several proteins involved in transcriptional regulation. The BAH domain appears to act as a protein-protein interaction module specialised in gene silencing, as suggested for example by its interaction within yeast Orc1p with the silent information regulator Sir1p. The BAH module might therefore play an important role by linking DNA methylation, replication and transcriptional regulation [(PUBMED:10100640)].
|GO function:||DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)