CHB_HEXPutative carbohydrate binding domain
|SMART accession number:||SM01081|
|Description:||This domain represents the N terminal domain in chitobiases and beta-hexosaminidases EC:188.8.131.52. It is composed of a beta sandwich structure that is similar in structure to the cellulose binding domain of cellulase from Cellulomonas fimi (PUBMED:8673609). This suggests that this may be a carbohydrate binding domain.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR004866):|
This domain is found in the N terminus of chitobiases and beta-hexosaminidases. It is composed of a beta sandwich structure that is similar in structure to the cellulose binding domain of cellulase from Cellulomonas fimi [(PUBMED:8673609)], suggesting that it may function as a carbohydrate-binding domain.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)