CSPCold shock protein domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00357|
|Description:||RNA-binding domain that functions as a RNA-chaperone in bacteria and is involved in regulating translation in eukaryotes. Contains sub-family of RNA-binding domains in the Rho transcription termination factor.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR011129):|
A conserved domain of about 70 amino acids has been found in prokaryotic and eukaryotic single-strand nucleic-acid binding proteins [(PUBMED:1622933), (PUBMED:2184368), (PUBMED:8022259), (PUBMED:9586995), (PUBMED:10446180)]. This domain, which is known as the 'cold-shock domain' (CSD) is present in the proteins listed below.
|GO function:||nucleic acid binding (GO:0003676)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)