ChtBD2Chitin-binding domain type 2
|SMART accession number:||SM00494|
|Interpro abstract (IPR002557):|
This entry represents a chitin binding domain [(PUBMED:10770921)]. It is found in (amongst others) the Peritrophin-A chitin binding proteins, particularly the peritrophic matrix proteins of insects and animal chitinases [(PUBMED:9651363), (PUBMED:8621536), (PUBMED:9256413)]. Copies of the domain are also found in some baculoviruses. It is an extracellular domain that contains six conserved cysteines that probably form three disulphide bridges. Chitin binding has been demonstrated for a protein containing only two of these domains [(PUBMED:9651363)].
|GO process:||chitin metabolic process (GO:0006030)|
|GO component:||extracellular region (GO:0005576)|
|GO function:||chitin binding (GO:0008061)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)