|SMART accession number:||SM00479
||exonuclease domain in DNA-polymerase alpha and epsilon chain, ribonuclease T and other exonucleases|
|Interpro abstract (IPR006055):
||This entry includes a variety of exonuclease proteins, such as ribonuclease T [(PUBMED:8506149)] and the epsilon subunit of DNA polymerase III. Ribonuclease T is responsible for the end-turnover of tRNA,and removes the terminal AMP residue from uncharged tRNA. DNA polymerase III is a complex, multichain enzyme responsible for most of the replicative synthesis in bacteria, and also exhibits 3' to 5' exonuclease activity.
|GO function:||exonuclease activity (GO:0004527)|
There are 18660 EXOIII domains in 18613 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)