HNSDomain in histone-like proteins of HNS family
|SMART accession number:||SM00528|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001801):|
The histone-like nucleoid-structuring (H-NS) protein belongs to a family of bacterial proteins that play a role in the formation of nucleoid structure and affect gene expression under certain conditions [(PUBMED:7875316)].
|GO process:||regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent (GO:0006355)|
|GO component:||intracellular (GO:0005622)|
|GO function:||DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)