HSAdomain in helicases and associated with SANT domains
|SMART accession number:||SM00573|
|Interpro abstract (IPR014012):|
The helicase/SANT-associated (HSA) domain is a predicted DNA-binding domain of ~75 amino acids [(PUBMED:11779830)], which is found in the eukaryotic SRCAP/p400/DOM and SNF2/brahma families [(PUBMED:16024792)]. While each family has the core sequences that define the HSA domain, they each also have additional sequences that distinguish these families from one another. For example, the sequence HWDY(L/C)EEEM(Q/V) is found in the SRCAP/p400/DOM family, whereas the sequence HQE(Y/F)LNSILQ is found in the SNF2 /brahma family [(PUBMED:16024792)]. In addition to the SANT and helicase domains, the HSA domain is also found in association with the bromo domain [(PUBMED:11779830)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)