IL7Interleukin-7 and interleukin-9 family.
|SMART accession number:||SM00127|
|Description:||IL-7 is a cytokine that acts as a growth factor for early lymphoid cells of both B- and T-cell lineages. IL-9 is a multifunctional cytokine that, although originally described as a T-cell growth factor, its function in T-cell response remains unclear.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001181):|
This entry represents interleukin-7 (IL7), it is a hematopoietic growth factor produced by bone marrow stromal cells. It promotes growth of B-cell precursors, and functions with IL2 in the activation of mature T-cells [(PUBMED:2643102), (PUBMED:3259677)]. Interleukin-7 and Interleukin-9 belong to the same larger family.
|GO process:||immune response (GO:0006955)|
|GO component:||extracellular region (GO:0005576)|
|GO function:||growth factor activity (GO:0008083), interleukin-7 receptor binding (GO:0005139)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)