|SMART accession number:||SM00307
||Thought to possess an F-actin binding function.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR002558):
||I/LWEQ domains bind to actin. It has been shown that the I/LWEQ domains from mouse talin P26039 and yeast Sla2p P33338 interact with F-actin [(PUBMED:9159132)]. The domain has four conserved blocks, the name of the domain is derived from the initial conserved amino acid of each of the four blocks [(PUBMED:9159132)]. I/LWEQ domains can be placed into four major groups based on sequence similarity: |
- Metazoan talin.
- Dictyostelium discoideum (Slime mould) TalA/TalB P54633 and SLA110.
- Metazoan Hip1p O00291.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sla2p P33338.
|GO function:||actin binding (GO:0003779)|
There are 548 ILWEQ domains in 546 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)