LRRcapoccurring C-terminal to leucine-rich repeats
|SMART accession number:||SM00446|
|Description:||A motif occurring C-terminal to leucine-rich repeats in "sds22-like" and "typical" LRR-containing proteins.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003603):|
This motif occurs C-terminal to leucine-rich repeats in "sds22-like" and "typical" LRR-containing proteins. Examples from the metazoa are described as either "Acidic leucine-rich nuclear phosphoprotein 32 family member A" or have been characterised as U2A', the protein that interacts with U2B'' facilitating the interaction with U2 snRNA. U2A' is required for the spliceosome assembly and the efficient addition of U2 snRNP onto the pre-mRNA [(PUBMED:9799242)]. The crystal structure of the spliceosomal U2B"-U2A' protein complex bound to a fragment of U2 small nuclear RNA has been described [(PUBMED:9716128)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)