MLDomain involved in innate immunity and lipid metabolism.
|SMART accession number:||SM00737|
|Description:||ML (MD-2-related lipid-recognition) is a novel domain identified in MD-1, MD-2, GM2A, Npc2 and multiple proteins of unknown function in plants, animals and fungi. These single-domain proteins were predicted to form a beta-rich fold containing multiple strands, and to mediate diverse biological functions through interacting with specific lipids.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003172):|
The MD-2-related lipid-recognition (ML) domain is implicated in lipid recognition, particularly in the recognition of pathogen related products. It has an immunoglobulin-like beta-sandwich fold similar to that of E-set Ig domains. This domain is present in the following proteins:
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)