MgtE_NMgtE intracellular N domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00924|
|Description:||This region is the integral membrane part of the eubacterial MgtE family of magnesium transporters. It is presumed to be an intracellular domain, that may be involved in magnesium binding.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR006668):|
This domain is found at the N terminus of eubacterial magnesium transporters of the MgtE family IPR006667. This domain is an intracellular domain that has an alpha-helical structure. The crystal structure of the MgtE transporter [(PUBMED:17700703)] shows two of 5 magnesium ions are in the interface between the N domain and the CBS domains. In the absence of magnesium there is a large shift between the N and CBS domains.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)