NGNIn Spt5p, this domain may confer affinity for Spt4p. It possesses a RNP-like fold.
|SMART accession number:||SM00738|
|Description:||In Spt5p, this domain may confer affinity for Spt4p.Spt4p|
|Interpro abstract (IPR006645):|
This sequence is identified by the NGN domain and is represented by the bacterial antitermination protein NusG.
This protein influences transcription termination and anti-termination and acts as a component of the transcription complex. In addition to this, it interacts with the termination factor Rho and RNA polymerase [(PUBMED:15162485), (PUBMED:12198166)].
|GO process:||positive regulation of transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter (GO:0032968)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)