|SMART accession number:||SM00776|
|Description:||This novel putative carbohydrate binding module (NPCBM) domain is found at the N-terminus of glycosyl hydrolase family 98 proteins.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR013222):|
This entry represents a putative carbohydrate binding module (NPCBM) domain found at the N terminus of glycosyl hydrolase family 98 proteins [(PUBMED:16212961)].
Proteins containing this domain include CpGH98 from C. perfringens. It specifically hydrolyses fucose-containing trisaccharides from the glycotopes of blood groups A and B and is implicated for the infectivity and virulence of this pathogen [(PUBMED:15618227)]. CpGH98 has a central TIM barrel catalytic domain, in which putative catalytic residues may be tentatively identified, and an N-terminal novel putative carbohydrate binding module (NPCBM) [(PUBMED:15618227)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)