|SMART accession number:||SM00511
||This domain confers specificity among members of the Hairy/E(SPL) family.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003650):
||This domain confers specificity among members of the Hairy/E(SPL) family. HES-2 (hairy and enhancer of split 2) is a transcription factor, and the hairy protein is a pair-rule protein that regulates embryonic segmentation and adult bristle patterning. These proteins are transcriptional repressors of genes that require the BHLH protein for their transcription.
|GO process:||regulation of transcription, DNA-templated (GO:0006355)|
|GO function:||DNA binding (GO:0003677)|
There are 957 ORANGE domains in 955 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)