|SMART accession number:||SM00244|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001107):|
Band 7 protein is an integral membrane protein which is thought to regulate cation conductance. A variety of proteins belong to this family. These include the prohibitins, cytoplasmic anti-proliferative proteins and stomatin, an erythrocyte membrane protein. Bacterial HflC protein also belongs to this family.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Disease (disease genes where sequence variants are found in this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)