PKS_ATAcyl transferase domain in polyketide synthase (PKS) enzymes.
|SMART accession number:||SM00827|
|Interpro abstract (IPR020801):|
Modular protein that is responsible for the completion of one condensation-processing cycle. The beta-ketoacyl synthase region is responsible for the actual condensation reaction while the acyl/malonyl transferase region is responsible for incorporating carboxylic acids units onto an acyl carrier protein (ACP) domain.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)