PLAcCytoplasmic phospholipase A2, catalytic subunit
|SMART accession number:||SM00022
||Cytosolic phospholipases A2 hydrolyse arachidonyl phospholipids. Family includes phospholipases B isoforms.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR002642):
||This family consists of lysophospholipase / phospholipase B EC 126.96.36.199 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 which also has a C2 domain IPR000008. Phospholipase B enzymes catalyse the release of fatty acids from lysophsopholipids and are capable in vitro of hydrolyzing all phospholipids extractable from yeast cells [(PUBMED:8027085)]. Cytosolic phospholipase A2 associates with natural membranes in response to physiological increases in Ca2+ and selectively hydrolyses arachidonyl phospholipids [(PUBMED:8051052)], the aligned region corresponds the carboxy-terminal Ca2+-independent catalytic domain of the protein as discussed in [(PUBMED:8051052)].
|GO process:||phospholipid catabolic process (GO:0009395)|
|GO function:||phospholipase activity (GO:0004620)|
There are 374
PLAc domains in 374 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)