ParBParB-like nuclease domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00470|
|Description:||Plasmid RK2 ParB preferentially cleaves single-stranded DNA. ParB also nicks supercoiled plasmid DNA preferably at sites with potential single-stranded character, like AT-rich regions and sequences that can form cruciform structures. ParB also exhibits 5-->3 exonuclease activity.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003115):|
Proteins containing this domain include Escherichia coli plasmid protein ParB and mammalian Sulfiredoxin-1.
ParB is involved in chromosome partition. It localize to both poles of the predivisional cell following completion of DNA replication [(PUBMED:12603730)].
Sulfiredoxin-1 contributes to oxidative stress resistance by reducing cysteine-sulfinic acid formed under exposure to oxidants in the peroxiredoxins PRDX1, PRDX2, PRDX3 and PRDX4 [(PUBMED:15448164)].
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)