|SMART accession number:||SM00822
||This enzymatic domain is part of bacterial polyketide synthases and catalyses the first step in the reductive modification of the beta-carbonyl centres in the growing polyketide chain. It uses NADPH to reduce the keto group to a hydroxy group.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR020842):
||This domain is found in a number polyketide and fatty acid synthases that catalyse the first step in the reductive modification of the beta-carbonyl centres in the growing chain. It uses NADPH to reduce the keto group to a hydroxy group.
There are 3570
PKS_KR domains in 2626 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)