SPRYDomain in SPla and the RYanodine Receptor.
|SMART accession number:||SM00449
||Domain of unknown function. Distant homologues are domains in butyrophilin/marenostrin/pyrin homologues.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR018355):
||The SPRY domain is of unknown function. Distant homologues are domains in butyrophilin/marenostrin/pyrin [(PUBMED:9204703)]. Ca2+-release from the sarcoplasmic or endoplasmic reticulum, the intracellular Ca2+ store, is mediated by the ryanodine receptor (RyR) and/or the inositol trisphosphate receptor (IP3R).
There are 2359
SPRY domains in 2054 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Disease (disease genes where sequence variants are found in this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)