WIFWnt-inhibitory factor-1 like domain
|SMART accession number:||SM00469
||Occurs as extracellular domain in metazoan Ryk receptor tyrosine kinases. C. elegans Ryk is required for cell-cuticle recognition. WIF-1 binds to Wnt and inhibits its activity.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003306):
||This entry represents the WIF domain, and is found in the RYK tyrosine kinase receptors and WIF the Wnt-inhibitory-factor. The domain is extracellular and contains two conserved cysteines that may form a disulphide bridge. This domain is Wnt binding in WIF, and it has been suggested that RYK may also bind to Wnt [(PUBMED:10637605)].
There are 120 WIF domains in 120 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)