XPGIXeroderma pigmentosum G I-region
|SMART accession number:||SM00484|
|Description:||domain in nucleases|
|Interpro abstract (IPR006086):|
This entry represents endonucleases that cleave the 5'-overhanging flap structure that is generated by displacement synthesis when DNA polymerase encounters the 5'-end of a downstream Okazaki fragment. Has 5'-endo-/exonuclease and 5'-pseudo-Y-endonuclease activities. Cleaves the junction between single and double-stranded regions of flap DNA. The endonuclease binds 2 magnesium ions per subunit. which probably participate in the reaction catalyzed by the enzyme. May bind an additional third magnesium ion after substrate binding.
|GO process:||DNA repair (GO:0006281)|
|GO function:||nuclease activity (GO:0004518)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Disease (disease genes where sequence variants are found in this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)