|SMART accession number:||SM01115
||The cwf21 family is involved in mRNA splicing. It has been isolated as a subcomplex of the splicosome in Schizosaccharomyces pombe ((PUBMED:11884590)). The function of the cwf21 domain is to bind directly to the spliceosomal protein Prp8. Mutations in the cwf21 domain prevent Prp8 from binding ((PUBMED:19854871)). The structure of this domain has recently been solved which shows this domain to be composed of two alpha helices.|
There are 724 cwf21 domains in 720 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)